RCA Trailblazers Business Meeting, Nov 30, 2021
Minutes by: Agnes & Dave
Bea & Theodor
David (no Kopiko)
Shawna & Gunther
Dave & Noni
Rebecca & Barton
Jared & Julia
Debbie & Ruth
Agnes & Dave
Don & Robin
Coreen & Daniela
Nikki & Stu
Tom & Floortje
Meeting called to order at 20:33
Request for unanimous consent to set meeting length at 30 minutes
Review and approval of minutes from the last business meeting
Nikki observed a typo in the treasury report. Offered a correction.
Motion to approve correction: Robin
Motion to approve minutes: Nikki
Dave & Noni presents the report, Oct 31/21-Nov 30/21
Trailblazers Treasurers Report
Oct 31/21-Nov 30/21
Opening Balance $ 669.38
Fees $ – 8.31
7th Tradition $ 105.00
Closing Balance $766.07
Motion to approve: Stu
Second: Debbie & Ruth
Appointment of spiritual timekeeper for 1-minute comments on business items
Treasurer position remains unfilled. Position description was read out by Ruth & Debbie.
No volunteers have come forward.
Dave & Noni offered to continue in this role until it is filled
Motion to announce this vacancy at each meeting until it is filled: Nikki
Unfinished business (tabled from last business meeting)
Proposal of creating a position of business meeting chair – Dave & Noni
After discussion in which it was observed that there are co-secretary couples to share this duty, there was no second
>> New business
Scripts: Nikki & Stu observed that the script for download and the html script on the website have variances/discrepancies from each other. David observed that the online version is correct and the download version had not been updated. Secretary will prepare an updated version for download to match the script online.
Motion to extend the meeting by 15 minutes: Nikki
Appointment of spiritual timekeeper for 1-minute comments on business items (Don leaves)
Contact List Organization:
Nikki & Stu propose alphabetizing list which is now organized by order of addition to the list
Dave suggests that Contact List Couple can just do that as their prerogative
Motion to alphabetize: Floortje
Contact List Distribution:
Nikki & Stu propose sending out the contact list to membership whenever a new couple is added to the list rather than monthly.
Motion to send contact list each time a couple is added: Floorje
Business tabled for next business meeting.
Motion to extend the meeting by 5 minutes: Nikki
Contact List Maintenance:
Nikki & Stu proposed that the membership be contacted to opt-in to remain on the contact list, as there are several couples who have not attended a meeting for a long time.
After discussion, Ruth and Debbie suggest bringing this issue to the membership 3 times, announcing it at each meeting by adding to announcements
From David and Kopiko:
WSO Announcement re: Special Ballot, Call for Proposals: 2022 WSO Business Meeting
Secretary will add this to announcements to be read out at each meeting prior to the end of the month of December.
Motion to adjourn the meeting: Tom
Meeting Adjourned at 21:27