RCA Trailblazers Business Meeting Minutes
Meeting Date: 06/30/2019 – Sunday
Minutes by: Quin icw Lance
Yemi and Stefen
Lance and Quin
Kapiko and David
Ruth and Lew
Alison irw Mel
Stefan and Julia
Gretchen and Jason
Lyralen (left early)
Eleanne (left early)
May 2019 minutes: reviewed and approved.
Previous Balance: $ 665.03
Donations: $ 121.00
Payment / Fees: -$ 6.97
$160.88 for webhosting costs.
Current Balance: $ 618.18
Prudent reserve = $400.00
Holding on WSO donation until payment to delegate couple.
Treasurer’s report approved.
Business Meeting Script
Group voted to adopt the business meeting script which has been posted. Will review to amend.
Vote: 6 Yes, 1 No, 1 Abstain
Ruth icw Lew suggested for business meeting motions, we follow the outline in the RCA blue book instead of Roberts Rules of order.
David icw Kapiko stated he has seen both methods in meetings. Roberts rules of order may be faster for larger business meetings.
Quin icw Lance stated indifference to either method, and offered having timed discussions of 1 min per member to keep discussions short in honor of time.
Group voted to table this discussion till next meeting.
Post meeting: Quin irw Lance submitted delegate couple registration form to WSO.
New Business: (To discuss)
· Vote on when to transfer $300.00 reimbursement to our delegate couple, David and Kapiko. (Stefan irw Yemi)
· Price of website is very high ($150/ year)- Is this necessary? (Stefan irw Yemi)
· Provide 1 min warning when shares are almost over. (Spence irw Sally, Quin irw Lance)
· Set last 15 minutes of meeting to invite newcomers to share or for others with a burning desire. (Lyralen irw Jude)
· Add the reflections as an optional reading on week 4 script when we read functional / dysfunctional couples. (Gretchen irw Jason)
· Read newcomer welcome as well as post in chat window (Quin irw Lance)
· Invite newcomers to stay after the meeting to chat with Welcome Couple or ask questions (Quin irw Lance)
· Create Greeter Couple role who agrees to meet w/ newcomer couples after the meeting in event Welcome Couple is not on meeting. This role can be asked for at start of each meeting. [Used in UA/ OA/ SAA Virtual meeting formats] (Quin irw Lance)
· Encourage newcomers to attend the 4th Sunday meeting which is a Newcomer/ Anniversary meeting. (Quin irw Lance)
Motion to adjourn: Gretchen irw Jason. 2nd by Ruth irw Lew. All in favor.