Meeting Date: 07/28/2019 – Sunday

Minutes by:  Günter

Participants:

Quin & Lance

Yemi & Stefan

Shawna & Günter

Ruth & Leo

Julia & Stefan

Eleanne

 

June 2019 minutes:  reviewed and approved.

Treasurer’s Report: 

Previous Balance: $  618.18

Donations: $  328.00

Payment / Fees: -$ 15.19 

                $160.88 for webhosting costs.

Current Balance: $ 930.99

Prudent reserve = $400.00

On the day of the meeting, Y&S transferred $ 230. to RCA-WSO (keeping prudent reserve of $400 plus $300 for the Delegat couple)

Treasurer’s report approved.

 

Old Business:

Price of website is very high ($150/ year)- Is this necessary?  (Stefan irw Yemi)

Moved ahead due to urgency.  The cost of the website (150$ per year) seems too high. We agreed to contact Chris and ask him to research the pricing, Quin offered to contact him.

Post meeting:
Chris replied “Our deal I believe is not a bad deal given that it is for web hosting and email… I’m reluctant to do a migration if it doesn’t make massive difference financially and expends a lot of time. The other option is to end the website and go through world services website.”
He asks: Stefan and Yemi if you can get a much better deal with email with blue then maybe that’s something that you can take on?…

 

Business Meeting Script

Group voted to adopt the format for the group conscience proceedings from the RCA Blue Book page 80 (as opposed to using Robert`s Rules). A limit of 1 minute in the go around was proposed. We will work with this format for a considerable time to see if everyone is happy with it.                  Vote:  5 Yes, 3 No

 

New Business: (To discuss)

·         Web Master service position: it may be time to hand over the webmaster reins?….Chris & Emma

·         Provide 1 min warning when shares are almost over.  (Spence irw Sally, Quin irw Lance)

·         Set last 15 minutes of meeting to invite newcomers to share or for others with a burning desire. (Lyralen irw Jude)

·         Add the reflections as an optional reading on week 4 script when we read functional / dysfunctional couples.  (Gretchen irw Jason)

·         Read newcomer welcome as well as post in chat window (Quin irw Lance)

·         Invite newcomers to stay after the meeting to chat with Welcome Couple or ask questions (Quin irw Lance)

·         Create Greeter Couple role who agrees to meet w/ newcomer couples after the meeting in event Welcome Couple is not on meeting.  This role can be asked for at start of each meeting.  [Used in UA/OA/SAA Virtual meeting formats] (Quin irw Lance)

·         Encourage newcomers to attend the 4th Sunday meeting which is a Newcomer/ Anniversary meeting.  (Quin irw Lance)

Motion to adjourn:  Quin & Lance proposed to adjourn at 21:02. All in favour.

Meeting Date: 04/28/2019 – Sunday

Minutes by:  Quin icw Lance

 

Participants:

Gunter and Shawna

Jorge  

Gretchen and Jason

Yemi and Stefen

Paul

Eleanne

Lance and Quin

 

Treasurer’s Report:

Previous Balance: $ 641.34

Donations: $ 28.00

Payment / Fees: -$ 18.41

                $15.00 of payments went to yearly website costs.

Current Balance: $ 650.93

Treasurer’s report approved.

 

Old Business:

PayPal:

  • RESOLVED – Ruth and Debbie are maintaining ownership of the Trailblazers’ PayPal account. The information has been updated to match WSO as it has been since initiation of the group.  Ruth and Debbie will address with WSO if there are any concerns.
  • RESOLVED – The treasurer couple was having trouble transferring funds for reimbursement and donations. They have since been able to successfully transfer funds.
    • Ruth and Debbie conferenced with Quin to confirm the ID on the PayPal account, which resolved the issue.

 

Delegate couple

  • In the past, we have supplied funds towards the travel costs of our delegate couples. We will discuss the possibility of making funds available for our current delegate couple, David and Kapiko. 
  • The topic of having a set agreement was brought up. We will ask the delegate couple to look at their travel costs, so that we can plan accordingly.  We will look at past donations and get more information to bring to our next business meeting.
  • Feb 2017, we supplied $300.00 in travel costs.

 

Script Change:

  • It was proposed that the leader script be changed to include examples of triggers to member’s sobriety within the section that cautions what appears on our screens.
    • Mandy icw Dwayne was not present at the business meeting to present issue.

 

DISCUSSION

  • It was felt that our focus is on couple’s recovery. It would divert us from our primary purpose to mention addictions that would be best addressed in other programs.
  • The experience of having to balance eating and the meeting was brought up. We are world-wide and it is important to respect self-care.
  • A member shared his personal experience of being distracted if there is too much activity on a screen, making it hard to listen to couples sharing. Having extra rules forms as a distraction.  It is better to have respect for each other and avoid too much action.
  • The script offers an opportunity to say you don’t feel safe and that you can write word safety in the meeting chat.
  • A member presented experience with chronic pain or illness, and they may need to lie down or eat during the meeting. SAA literature shows that many of us have felt burdened by the belief that we are responsible for the sexual feelings and behaviors of others. In program, we learn to be accountable for our own feelings and behaviors, and to let go of unhealthy responsibility for others.  It was suggested that if triggered, one can leave the room, put the screen focused on the couple sharing, or talk with a sponsor or another member outside of the meeting.
  • We are dealing with couples all over the world from different time zones. We’ve been respectful of not drinking or wearing inappropriate outfits.  It’s a personal relationship being formed in RCA.

MOTION

A Motion was made by Jorge icw Rosanna to not change the script. It was seconded by Gretchen icw Jason.

VOTE

Group voted unanimously to not change the script.

 

New Business:

Add functional / dysfunctional text to website

Create a business meeting script and post it on website.

Minutes by:  Lance icw Quin

Participants:

  • Lance & Quin
  • David & Kapiko
  • Stefan
  • Dave & Noni
  • Dwayne & Mandy
  • Gretchen & Jason

 

Treasurer’s Report:  

Previous Balance: $581.79
Donations: $63
PayPal Fees: -$3.45
Current Balance: $641.34

  • Treasurer’s Report was adopted unanimously.

 

Old Business:

February Meeting Minutes

    • The February Meeting Minutes were adopted unanimously.

PayPal:

    • The treasurer couple is still having trouble transferring funds for reimbursement and donations.
      • Paypal is asking to confirm the ID on the account.
    • Quin will reach out to Ruth & Debbie for their advice on the situation.

 

New Business:

Delegate Couple:

    • The Outreach Committee reached out to the group to select a Delegate Couple for the Annual Business Meeting at the Annual Convention.
    • David & Kapiko volunteered to be the group’s Delegate Couple.
    • It was voted unanimously to appoint David & Kapiko as the group’s Delegate Couple.

 

Paypal:

  • It was proposed that the group invest in a virtual address for the Paypal account, to lower the audit risk to the account.
  • The topic was tabled so that pricing information could be acquired for an informed decision.

 

Script Change:

  • It was proposed that the leader script be changed to include examples of triggers to member’s sobriety within the section that cautions what appears on our screens.
  • The topic was tabled for time and so that the proposer could write out the proposed script change.

Business Meeting: 02.24.19

Minutes by:  Lance icw Quin

Participants:

Shawna & Gunter
Lance & Quin
Kapiko & David
Yemi & Stefan

 

Treasurer’s Report:  

Previous Balance: $523.06
Donations: $63.00  
PayPal Fees: -$4.27
Current Balance: $589.79

*Note the Treasurer Couple want to transfer $189.79 to WSO, but were experiencing difficulty with the Paypalsystem. They will try again after the meeting.

 

Old Business:

​PayPal

o It was voted unanimously that Quin would be putting her name on the PayPal account for the time being.
Quin to contact Ruth and Debbie to get full information to transfer/ set up PayPal account in her name.
o There is an issue that we have discovered that the tax id on the PayPal account has been WSO’s since Trailblazers was founded.  They’ve recently denied us being able to use their tax id prior to this discovery. We will need to discuss this with the WSO.
o The idea was floated that we consider discontinuing using PayPal.

 

Script Change

o Shawna presented a proposed script change to make it easier to read the leader’s script, this focused in the area of the weekly topics.
o It was voted unanimously to approve Shawna’s proposed script changes, which will be applied to the leader’s script.

New Business:

​Hand-in-Hand

o The Hand-in-Hand newsletter is in need of a new publisher.
o It was agreed to announce at the announcements portion of the Sunday meeting.
o It was voted to add the information to the Trailblazer’s website.

 

International Speaker Meeting:

o There is a new monthly speaker meeting the first Saturday of the month.
o It was agreed that it will be announced at the announcements portion of the Sunday meeting and via email to all Trailblazer members.

Present:

Yemi irw Stefan

Quin irw Lance

Erik irw Marija

Kapiko irw David

 

ITEMS UP FOR DISCUSSION:

Welcome Couple – David and Kapiko

                Will get with Shawna and Gunter for the newcomer welcome letter.

Treasurer’s Report:

                Previous Balance:  $861.40

                Received $124.00 in donations

                Paypal Fees $7.48

                Newcomer Packet qty 1: $10.66

Current Balance:  $967.26

 

Old Business

Paypal Account:

As of 12/30/18 – no volunteers to take over paypal.  

We still need a solution for the Paypal account which is still on another member’s name.

Still pending response from WSO regarding using their EIN for an account.

 

Motion to  pay towards Ruth & Debbies additional tax fees. 

Passed:  8 yes
Need to ask Ruth and Debbie about tax liability.

Motion to donate any amount over $500.00 to WSO ($467.26) until financial transition is resolved.

                Passed:  5 yes, 2 abstain, 1 no.

To help members be willing to own the paypal account, voted to get info on costs / taxes from Ruth and Debbie.  Would like to get something written up as a description to provide to whomever takes over the paypal account if WSO replies with a no.

Group to continue to announce paypal account opening during meeting announcements.  Officers will ensure this is offered during the meetings.

 

Zoom Account:

Effective January 6, 2019, we will switch to RCA WSO’s Zoom account number:  965 190 161.

Quin submitted request to cancel Trailblazers paid zoom account on 12/30/18. 

The old paid zoom account is paid through Feb 2019 and will remain effective through this time.

Shawna and Gunter will log into the old Zoom ID to tell any stragglers to find the meeting at the new zoom ID.

Present:

Yemi irw Stefan

Quin irw Lance

Shawna

David

Gretchen irw Jason

 

ITEMS UP FOR DISCUSSION:

Switch to RCA World Service Zoom account to save $107.00 / mo

Discussion:   need to notify group members ahead of time for move.

Unanimous vote to switch to RCA World Service Zoom account.

  •  
    • E-mail new zoom room number to all members
    • Post on website
    • Add to meeting announcements

 

Treasurer’s Report:

Previous Balance:  $1,602.91

Received $64.00 in donations

Donated $800.00 to world service

Paypal Fees $5.51

Current Balance:  $861.40

 

Old Business

Paypal Account:

We still need a solution for the Paypal account which is still on another member’s name.  

Background

Our current dilemma is our current PayPal conflicts with another tax exempt PayPal account that Ruth and Debbie opened so they are no longer able to do that service and requested that we find someone else who can provide a Paypal account (or another way for people to make donations).  

  • Ruth offered to use her name and address on the RCA-WSO PayPal account. According to Gretchin this will not be possible because that one will be linked to the person who opened it.  
  • Shawna & Günter contacted RCA-WSO to ask if they would open a Paypal account for Trailblazers under the RCA-WSO Tax number.
    • World Service wanted to make an informed decision, so they will investigate whether having another Paypal account on their number will affect them in any way.
    • They also expressed concern about setting a precedent; the other Zoom meetings might want to also use their Tax ID.  
    • WSO will discuss and take a vote in December to see if they can support us in this way.

 

  • A tax ID uses an individual person’s name on creation.  Concerns of anonymity for other members.

 

  • Could there be a private organization setup for RCATrailblazers?   
    • Gretchen and Jason researched.  Found that it would cost a lot to become our own non-profit org. Not feasible.

 

  • Discussed being able to mail a check internationally to treasury couple.
    • Internationally, no check system.  In US, costs $50 to wire transfer internationally.  Not cost efficient.

 

New Business:  

World Service Office asked trailblazers to write an article for the hand-in-hand newsletter.  

  • Group to announce about the newsletter at the meeting and secretary to send link to sign up.

Current newsletter and enrolling:  http://recovering-couples.org/tools/materialsforcouples/

Archives:  http://recovering-couples.org/webdocs/hin/

 

Present:

Shawna irw Gunter

Dave irw Noni

Yemi irw Stefan

Quin irw Lance

 

ITEMS UP FOR DISCUSSION:

Roles available – Treasurer and Co-Secretary

 

Voted in:

  • Treasurer – Yemi and Stefan
  • Shawna and Gunter – Co-Secretary
  • Lance and Quin – Co-Secretary

 

Treasurer’s Report:

We have $1,602.91 7th tradition on the Paypal account.

Current annual expenses:

  • Zoom $107.00.
  • Website:  $155.00

Prudent Reserve:

Group voted to have prudent reserve of $400

Voted to donate $800 to RCA for now.  Will discuss further donation once transition complete to bring us to our prudent reserve.

 

Discussed newcomer packets currently on hand are 15.

Costs $12.00 to send a welcome kit from Europe to US

 

Paypal Account:

We still need a solution for the Paypal account which is still on another member’s name.  Shawna & Günter will contact RCA Inc. and ask their advice. Perhaps they can open an RCA World Service Paypal account for Trailblazers under their organization.

 

Other groups are under the umbrella of RCA World Service and don’t take a 7th tradition.  Concerns about being self-supporting through our own contributions were discussed.

We need to get info from Maureen and Brian on footwork from having RCA do the hosting .

 

Could there be a private organization setup for RCATrailblazers?  Would have to get more information.

Can RCA Trailblazers be listed as an independent business?  Need more info

 

Transfer of Secretary Position

Shawna & Günter will contact Maureen and Brian/Rasmus & Ulla for the login data and all other data that the four of us require as Secretary couples.

Secretary couples need to obtain passwords:

Zoom  – Ulla and Rasmus

e-mail / website – Chris and Emma

  1. Paypall account for trailblazers: 

Chris and Emma proposed that trailblazers applied for a charity tax number. Jason and Gretchen volunteered to go further with this. The problem with anonymity will also be cleared with this solution.

  1. Service positions:

 – at the moment no volunteers for the co-secretary couple position ( Brian and Maureen will continue in the other co-secretary position)

– position as welcome couple is also open

– position as co-treasure couple: Gunter and Shawna wil ask Nooni and Dave for clarification on process of handing the  service position over to them.

  1. ABM in Stockholm: Emma and Chris were planning to go and have volunteered to represent the group at ABM. They declined the financial support.
  2. Script Additions: The suggested additions to the script has been agreed on and Chris and Emma will put it into the script. also the decided disclaimer when non-RCA material is used in the meeting will be added.
  3. Treasure report

Treasury Report RCA-Trailblazers 2018

 

Financial Statement from  Sun. May 27 2017 to Sat. June 24, 2018

 

Recovering Couples Anonymous

PayPal Account : treasurer@rcatrailblazers.org
 

Amounts in USD

  Beginning Ending
Total balance 1,534.42 1,556.82

 

  Debit Credit
Donations (plus repayment of book order S&G)    
Payment fees -1.50 23.90
Online payments – Welcome Packets    

 

Following addition to the script was decided: Are there any RCA related announcments? This will replace the link to announcements.

The issues regarding the paypall acount was again debated, and more suggestion to a sollution came up:

1. is it posible to link to the swedish paypall acount? Ulla and Rasmus will look into this.

2. is it possible to link directly to the WSO account. Perhaps this will conflict with the group autonomy? Maureen will look into this and contact the WSO structure board

3. Is it possible to link to Debbie and Ruth business account when they get installed ind their new place? D&R will look into this

At the moment there are available service positions open. To get more attention to this this should be announced at the weekly meetings.

For the upcoming ABM is was decided that the group will support a couple willing to attend the meeting in person with 300 USDollars. An other possibility is to attend the meeting on zoom. Members with experience with these meetings recommend that the group attend in person because a lot of things is happening outside of the zoom meeting.

Last item on the agenda was a debate on the use of material from outside directly in the meeting. Some members were concerned that this would confuse new comers at the meetings. Other members made the point that the meeting needs to have inspiration from the outside to strengthen the group.

– it was decided that when new material is brought in this should be with use of of a disclaimer – this should be put into the script. 

Treasury Report RCA-Trailblazers 2018

 

Financial Statement from  Sun. April 29 2017 to Sat. May 26, 2018

 Recovering Couples Anonymous

PayPal Account : treasurer@rcatrailblazers.org
 
 

Amounts in USD

  Beginning Ending
Total balance 1,645.03 1,534.42

 

  Debit Credit
Donations (+ repayment of order S&G $80)   112.00
Payment fees -6.43  
Online payments – Welcome Packets $140.23 -216.18  

 

Financial Statement from  Sun. March 25 2017 to Sat. April 28, 2018

 

Recovering Couples Anonymous

 
 
 

Amounts in USD

  Beginning Ending
Total balance 1,542.64 1,645.03

 

  Debit Credit
Donations   109.00
Payment fees -6.61  
Online payments 0